ILLUSIONS III



Hola Muchachoes! And how have you been?.... Continuing our Illusions series is our chapter 3 today . Although to be frank we've already posted chapters 1 and 2 which you can find here and there respectively πŸ‘Œ.
Anyway, enjoy today's chapter 😍πŸ’ͺ


CHAPTER 3 – BACK HOME

I was appalled. Well, appalled wasn't really the word. More like frustrated. I was right here by her side yet she didn't even realize it.

I was always there when she needed me; I always tried to be there for her. I loved her and It was no secret. At least to those who knew me well. She had eyes only for Kemuel which really irked me.

I shook my head in disbelieve.
If only she knew what I knew, but you see, I didn't want her to love me out of necessity or out of obligation. I wasn't going to tell her. I wanted her to discover the devil Kemuel really was.

I wanted her love so badly yet willingly, but then again I couldn't help but smile sadly. My line of work did not allow me the luxuries normal people enjoy. Being in her life was only going to endanger her more.

I didn't think I was ready to put her through that. She deserved better. Better than me. I loved her so much and that was the only reason I was letting her go. Her. Ingrid. I sighed.

Just then Kemuel walked in. I rolled my eyes and stood as I walked towards the door. His presence alone irked me and I couldn't stand it.

Not because of Ingrid; far from that, but because he was such a hypocrite and was so good at his act. No one was going to believe me if I ever revealed what I knew but I knew it was only a matter of time before all his dealings came to light.

'Grid I'm leaving', I shouted across the hall.

She was in the kitchen preparing lunch for us. I had thought us, meant only me and her. It just occurred to me Kemuel was included in that equation. Well lunch was going to have to be another time then.

'So soon?'

I lied smoothly. 'It's work. I have to go. Maybe another time.'

She walked towards me and hugged me goodbye.

'Well, stop by anytime, Shady.'

Oh I sure was going to, just not with this bastard around.
I clung to her a minute longer just to spite Kemuel and It worked perfectly.

'I sure will Babe. When work permits me.'

I turned to walk out through the door but without a quick glance at him. Kemuel was seething with anger but then again he was good at hiding it from Grid.

 Not me though. I couldn't resist irritating him more.
As I walked out, I passed by him and smiled smugly.
'It's just a matter of time Uel, that's what they call you right?'

A look of shock clouded his features but he immediately regained his composure. My God, he was so good at this.
A look passed between us. Now he knew I knew. I knew his deep dark secret. He nodded at me and I nodded back.

I knew perfectly well what I had gotten myself into. It was all part of the plan. I just wanted him to know that, this time I was going to nail him. All of them. One, because it was my job and two, because no one messed with Grid. My Grid. Well, you could say that, hypothetically.

I just wish he knew what he was getting himself into. He was definitely going down. I smiled at the thought and it felt good.

'So long.'

Grid had long since returned to the kitchen.
He gripped my arm.

'It won't be that easy you know. Then again, I've got the girl.'

He expected an outburst but I wasn't going to give him that satisfaction.
I remained calm.
'Enjoy lunch Kemuel.' I turned to walk out.
'Oh, One more thing, send my regards to Blood.'
The look on his face was all the confirmation I needed. He was about to say something but I didn't even wait to hear it. I had him where I needed him. And I had the information I badly needed as well. As I always loved to say, 'It's all good'.

I walked out of the door and gently closed it behind me.
This was getting more and more interesting by the minute...(to be continued)

Ps: don't keep la, share & subscribe!πŸ˜‹πŸ˜€πŸ‘Œ

Comments

TRENDING!!!!

UNCHARTED

Slaying In the Oguaa War: My Secret To A 3.9 GPA

ETCHED I