ILLUSIONS I



Guys!... Amazing news!... Guess what?... It's series season once more!!! 😁...(ikr... vibrantly dancing some kpanglogo πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚)
Like Always,  this a #ZATARAXIA tin and my kinswoman Abena(check sidebar to see her lovely face...chai!.. Her smiles nkoaaaa... Resting comments😁) and yours truly have conjured this.  Happy reading 3333 and please don't forget to let us hear your thoughts in the comments section! πŸ˜πŸ™Œ


CHAPTER ONE

Ingrid stared. She seemed to be oblivious of her surroundings, which was quite unbelievable considering the chaos around. Then I heard it. I quickly spun around only to be blinded by dazzling light. I immediately sank to the ground and felt a sharp pain in my left arm. I had been shot.

What in heavens name was going on? Ingrid still stood rooted to the spot and despite my current situation all I could think of was getting her to safety. I heard it. Again. A second shot. This time it missed me just by an inch. I had to act and fast.

I staggered to my feet and clutched my arm in pain. It felt warm and sticky. I was definitely bleeding at a rapid rate. Like a bloodhound however, I could sense danger all around me. I groped in the darkness and felt myself leaning against a wall. I needed to think and act.

I steadied myself against the wall and bandaged my arm with my handkerchief. That should stop the bleeding for a while, I thought.
Gradually the effect of the bright light wore of and I could finally see in the dark. I saw Ingrid more clearly now. She still hadn't moved an inch. She was right were I had seen her.

 I didn't even know why she had come here in the first place,and at the moment what she was staring at. She had her eyes fixed on something straight ahead of her and I wondered at what at all it was. I had to get us out of here but first I needed to get to the main switch. We needed the light.

Two quick shots run out in succession and I was jolted back to reality.
'Get the hell out of there Ingrid,' I muttered under my breath.
I quickly weighed my options. I could run into the hall and try saving her hence risking my own life or just get myself out of there.

Option one seemed more likely though less appealing. She was the reason I was in this mess in the first place.
I felt in my holster for my revolver and said a silent prayer,. I wasn't much of a believer but I figured if there was a God, now was the time to act. At least just to save Ingrid. She didn't deserve to die.

Here goes nothing. I picked up a cushion and threw it across the hall awy from where Ingrid stood. I achieved my aim as shots rang out at the moving object. Attention diverted momentarily from Ingrid, I sprang into action.

I ran into the hall and jumped on Ingrid, pushing her to the ground and missing another round of shots. I moved her behind a couch. She was obviously still in shock and wouldn't understand a word of any instructions I would give . I tried anyway.

'Don't move okay? Stay here.' I hoped she understood the desperation in my tone. Her life depended on it.

One of my many abilities was that i could see better than a cat in the dark. Slowly and making no sound i eased away on my stomach to the area beside the rising staircase. It was occupied just as I thought. I quickly rose out of nowhere and  enclosed his windpipe in a vice like grip of steel.
Gently i lowered him to the ground and took his place.

From where i stood now, i had a good view of the top of the stairs. A gun spoke again revealing another thug's position. This time, I answered promptly and a yell from above was reward enough. The breeze of a bullet made me drop flat again and aim in the direction of the the sound.

Another scream and a body came bumping down the stairs.
How many more to go? I wondered.
I took my chances and made my way up the stairs as stealthily as I could . I expected to a bullet to rip my spine apart but instead a deafening silence gave me a rousing welcome.

A hefty blow sent me sprawling on the floor.
I swore.
Wrong move. I got up and dodged another punch. I grabbed the gangster's arm and twisted it behind him. He gave a shout of pain. I jabbed him with my elbow and kicked him so hard, he fell to the ground. Placing his hands behind him, I took his gun and shouldered it.

Then I knocked him unconscious with mine. I was about to move away when on second thought I hit him across the face.
'That's for messing up my face,' I muttered while nursing my cheek. It still stung.
Moving away I knew I needed a miracle to get to the main switch and flood the house with light.

'Show yourself Shady.' A voice rang out from the doorway leading to the room having the main switch.

I got an idea. I moved quickly back to my facial destructer, now unconscious. Using him as a shield, I walked towards the room. As expected my buddy was not spared the painful sting of bullets.

I threw him aside and my gun barked twice.
The man screamed and I heard a window crash. Two quick shots into the air and scuffling movements were heard. Within minutes , a car pulled put of the driveway. Every thing was quiet. I guess that meant the coast was clear.

I quickly switched on the mains and light flooded the dark house. Thankfully the police had arrived. The neighbours had had the sense to call the situation in. I was actually beginning to wonder whether these neighbours cared at all. That aside.
Ingrid.

I suddenly sprang back downstairs and she was exactly where I left her. In a worse condition. I helped her up and found myself staring. This time I was the one who stood rooted to the spot.

Ingrid' s little brother had been stabbed to wall through his left palm. He was in an upright position and had his head dangling. Blood oozed from his nostrils and mouth as well. Two words had been inscribed on a piece blue paper and plastered on the wall by him.
THE BLAZE...(see ya next week 3333πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Ž )

(so, did you like it? ...what do you think happens next?... Let's hear your thoughts in the comments box yeah?πŸ˜‰)

PS: pls copy link and share on your facebook timeline 333...somebody might enjoy it too πŸ˜‰πŸ™Œ

PPS: don't keep la, share & subscribe! πŸ˜†

ZATARAXIA©


Comments

TRENDING!!!!

UNCHARTED

Slaying In the Oguaa War: My Secret To A 3.9 GPA

ETCHED I