SUNDAY IS LIKE JOLLOF RICE!




Hiya fellas, here's a little something I cooked up to get your mouth watering (pun intended πŸ˜‚) for church! I dedicate this piece to you reader reading this! 😍 Enjooooooooy and don't forget to let me hear your after yeah? 



So, peep this guys, hold on to something for I'm about to shoooooock yoooooou!!! 😎 So the greatest Jollof in the world is prepared by @Maafia and @Kofi_Godly's mom!πŸ”₯( Whaaaaat?!!... You think I lie?... Staaahp it bro😎) I ain't lying.

When I was young, there were only two things I looked forward to greatly after Sunday church; one was Journey To the West on Tv3( what's not to love about a monkey with insane Kung Fu skills hatchaaa! πŸ’ͺπŸ½πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‚)

And the other was kofi's mom's joff!
Kw33333r! The woman's Jollof game was too strong....
The aroma of it alone kraaaaa could deplete your saliva levels! OMG! The grains, how they hugged each other in a perfect entente cordiale and embroiled themselves in heavenly tomato sauce so savoury and rhythmic, your mind couldn't tell the difference between it and a spectacular Beethoven symphony! And don't even get me started on the under! πŸ˜‚( the ase3 I mean) Meeeeerhn the rice was greeeeeeeeat ankasa! I never missed a session(whaaaat? ahwa y3 guy! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚) until we moved from the area and years passed and now all I got is sweet memories to revel in.😭 But then lately, I discovered another Jollof rice that has seduced, defeated and driven to shame the memories I had.

Lemme explain further... 😎

So me 3333, up until about a few weeks ago, I'd been what some people call a "Robinson Crusoe Christian"
I mean, I kept my faith on the DL( ain't no need people knowing about my business😎) I worshipped my God in my cool corner and on Sundays kraaaaa, I'll still skip church and be in my corner claiming some educationist neo-nonfa brofotastic philosophy about going to church and the basic idea is, I'll convince myself that I didn't need to be in a physical place of worship to worship God.

After all, isn't it written that there's coming a day and even now is, that new worshippers shall worship God in the spirit and in truth?
Then just like that aaaaa, I'll stay back and read some small chapter bi from the Bible and go on to tickle Satan with my shoooooort mampoli prayer to thwart his malicious intents for me and mine. All the while too, The Oluman was up there watching me like thisπŸ˜’ saying this guy paaaa, let me teach him shomting smooooor bi worhorworhor!

Then one day, through the word and exhortation from  friends, oooooooh he taught me worhorworhor!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
You see, first was the Psalmist guy who was like, "Mike ,a day in his courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. His presence dey pap ankasa! "

Then came Paul who greeeeeeeeatly stressed ," my guy adey try come visit menners for church inside so that afor impart them with some spirito gifts, i.e we may be mutually encouraged by our faiths, both yours and mine"
But I was like dude, "you're the greatest theologian who ever lived and all but you sure about this bruh ?"
And he was like "herrrrr, staaaaarhp iiiiit, don't go there kraaaaa... Go Read Romans and see if adey lie " I obliged because his face was scary.

 But then I was reading norrrr, I saw this other dude whipping some brooooown guys bi with cords bi he had twisted into whips!πŸ”₯πŸ˜‚
 I rushed towards the scene and asked  the br3da why he was livid lyk dat lyk dat and with passion and anger filled eyes, he said almost in a whisper, "...zeal for thy House consumes me... "


Then there nooorrr, I was shocked and my face became a stuuuuuuuupiiiiid! I mean here were a group of individuals who loved to be in the presence of God, both in their cool corners as well as in the "House"
They were more blessed and spirit -filled as a result and their faiths were more than titanium strong!

See folks, it is quite easy to settle into the mode of thinking where everything can be greatly rationalized off. Even the most important and soul edifying stuff such as joining other brethren for church becomes another "skippable and rationable" decision we make.

I know because I'm speaking from personal experience and I'm the greatest culprit .  But church I have discovered lately is like Jollof Rice. I look forward to it eagerly and I just can't have enough. I read as a story, a class 1 teacher who identified a child who was not paying attention in a lesson he taught.

 He drew nearer to the child and saw that she was drawing. Quite curious, he asked her what she was doing and she replied,
 " I'm drawing God "
The teacher quite intrigued and amused rebutted, "how can you draw God honey, nobody has seen him before! "
The girl focusing hard on her drawing stated, " they will in a minute when I'm done "πŸ˜‚


Contrary to the amusing nature of this story however, nobody can truly draw a picture of the Almighty by themselves. I mean how can you draw a picture of an Omnipresent and omniscient God Huh? How kraaaaa?!!
See, when we convene together to worship aaaa, You bring your little picture of God, Asomasi brings hers , I bring mine and together we create an awesome depiction of what His divine Grace and Mercies look like!


So that's why for me, I'll be at Church to worship this Sunday and the next and the next and the next and the next.... (You catch my drift? πŸ˜‰)
See you at Church tomorrow!(mic drops)

#ChurchFever

Ps: don't keep la, share, comment & subscribe ya heard?

Comments

TRENDING!!!!

UNCHARTED

Slaying In the Oguaa War: My Secret To A 3.9 GPA

ETCHED I