YOUR EXCELLENCY,




         Heya guys, we've been silent these past few days right? Well, don't vex 'cause yours truly and the team were bouncing ideas around as to how to make our little family here grow and good news is, I think we cracked it! Today's  piece is the beginning of a segment we've introduced called, #HaveYourSayWednesday.  This means from this Wednesday, the next and all other series of Nexts to come, we'll be publishing ideas from different people and diaspora across the length and breadth of our noble country. So sit back, read and enjoy as we serve you delicious content after content after con...😉

     All is not well. YOU SEE SIR,  I wanted to become a doctor when I was in junior high school but I had to change it when I completed because General Arts  became more logical to my family and this decision was dependant on the income of my parents.I developed an  interest in Economics when I was in senior high school so much that  even I was the only student to get A1 in Economics in our batch. This affection for the subject made me read a lot of books on the subject starting from the father of Economics himself, Adam Smith's, first book on the subject. Economic theories became part of my life.
         In 2015 I was subjected to another career tragedy because my parents thought, completing Teacher Training College was more logical than pursuing  Economics at the university because with a university degree,  I  will have to look for my own work.
         I have completed Teacher Training College with a GPA of 3.5 only to be told that,  my employer Ghana Education Service, has halted mass posting and has handed posting to The ever dutiful National Service Secretariat. Going for national service for a year is not my worry but after the service l will have to face the very hurdle I've had to change careers in other to dodge.
          My parents are vegetable farmers and when it comes to protocol, they don't even understand what it means for them to even regard it as a means of securing a job for their son. I have four siblings of which three are girls . The eldest of the Girls is in a Teacher Training college with the same reason  I enrolled in one and thus, hopes to get employed by the government at the end of her college education.  The remaining girls are in the senior high school and primary school respectively so I am the oldest  brother that they all look up to.
        Sir,  I think you will be wondering why I am lamenting because you could think of families that are in much worse situation than mine and you are a hundred percent  right to think so but let me say this, Egg is considered as a luxury to a group of people but to the people of Dormaa, it is nothing.  That is why you have to understand my predicament.
          My biggest fear amongst my myriad of  fears is how hard work is rapidly changing my mother's physical appearance. A woman in a her mid 40s looks like a Grandmother of 80 years. As a matter of fact, this affects me so much and  has contributed to my moody nature nowadays because it looks like am lost and  have nothing better to offer the family. I had hopes of pursuing Economics in the university to the highest level to become an inspiration to the next generation but now it looks like the probability of that happening is very slim .
          Your Excellency, President of Ghana, H.E. NANA ADDO DANKWA AKUFFO -ADDO,I am sorry to admit and say Sir, but your  government is becoming a killer of dreams for many  underprivileged  whiles some of your  policies and social intervention only favour the privileged. No sir, ALL IS NOT WELL!

Author's Note...

The writer of this piece is a newly trained teacher who recently completed the Berekum College of Education. All ideas expressed and advocated for in the piece are solely his.


CALL TO ACTION 
Liked or  hated this piece? do you have any additions to suggest or perhaps statements you believe should be retracted? Or maybe you just have a question like why the Great people of Dormaa don't deem Egg a luxury?  Well,  let us know in the comments section. If you feel however that this write-up was wonderful and that the writer did a great job, don't hesitate to say so  too in the comments box. It helps a lot! 😁😉.....Thanks for reading. 

Ps: don't keep, pls share & subscribe via the 'subscribe' button above the page. 👌

Comments

TRENDING!!!!

UNCHARTED

Slaying In the Oguaa War: My Secret To A 3.9 GPA

ETCHED I