I'M HUMAN!






Phew! How June has gone by so fast!! 😧...Hi there guys and how have you been?    It's okay if you haven't missed me because I've missed you enough to last for both of us.πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‹πŸ˜
I challenge you today with this poignant #Feminist piece by my very own Twin from another momma, Edna Ohemeng. Do enjoy it and don't forget to leave a comment ya heard??! 😎😎

  
"I am terribly sorry. Scratch that! I am not sorry. It was not my choice to be a female."

The very day I was given birth to,my mother heard,
"It's a girl." 
It's a girl,so let's put a hole in her ears,so she can wear earrings to enhance her beauty.
Let's hope she marries a good man. A girl probably grew up thinking,her place is by a man's side.
    I am not blaming culture or religion.
I just want to be seen for what I am. I do not want to feel limited by my gender. I am not willing to pay for something I did not make myself into. 
I hate the assumption you make before you see what I have to offer. I dislike the  surprise I see on your face ,when you finally see me for me, because it reeks of underestimation. 

I can't with you all.
And most girls have become what you wanted. They think the only thing they've to offer is their bodies but I beg to differ.
I will not oblige with my will being surpressed.
I will stand for what I believe in and that is equity.
I do not want to be a man. God knows what that has done to many females. Turned into an epitome of confusion, trying to wear men's everything.
They've become caricatures of men.
I just want to go with the flow of me but I keep it sane.

It's funny how I don't want to be labeled as a female with rules attached and I don't want to be a caricature of a man either.
What do you call a person like me?

A human!



Edna Writes©



Ps: please don't keep, share & subscribe πŸ‘ŒπŸ’—πŸ˜‰

Comments

TRENDING!!!!

UNCHARTED

Slaying In the Oguaa War: My Secret To A 3.9 GPA

ETCHED I