ETCHED XI

Hi there, we present to you chapter 11...Happy Reading!! πŸ˜πŸ˜†


 Chapter 11

   They say your whole life flashes right before your eyes when you are about to die. A long unbroken series of people loved, loved ones lost, lives led and those lives that might have been led all dancing amidst white light in front of your eyes when the reaper comes calling.

For Eloise, this had not been so. She saw only darkness....pure unalloyed pitch darkness which was sometimes penetrated by the voices of the men who had put her in their car enroute to the hospital.

The ambulance that had been called was yet to arrive and the onlookers seeing she was losing a lot of blood had acted. "Typical Ghana, our systems never work. There's too much lawlessness here it makes me sick," one fat man had bemused.

Eloise's account of exactly how she got to the hospital was a bit fuzzy as she had built the entire experience as she slipped in and out of consciousness. There was the time she had heard the man who had crashed into her car stumble out of his wailing...darkness...the four or six or so men take her out of her car.... darkness.... Her lying in a car on the lap of man with tears in his eyes...darkness... Her on the stretcher being wheeled to the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital.... darkness.

 She had slipped into a light coma after the doctors had treated her. Her mom had come to visit and she had on one of those sad looks mothers have when their offspring is in danger. Phyll, his brother and Abigail sat there too looking dejected. Each one of them sat there lost in their own thoughts as the equipment that monitored Eloise's vital sign beep intermittently.

After a long while, Eloise's mom had been encouraged by a nurse to leave for home...to freshen up... to cook or do any of those things people did to distract themselves when a tragedy such as this one strikes. She had left hesitantly and Phyll's brother had volunteered to accompany her home.  Phyll and his fiancee remained however to sit by Eloise.

A tad bit later, Abigail's phone buzzed. Her caller ID read "Dad" but she did not answer it.
"Phyll... Phyll... " Abigail called why prodding him with her fingers. He was so lost in his thoughts only the good lord would know what he was preoccupied with at the moment.

"You know what honey... It's getting late and you haven't eaten anything... Want to grab something from canteen? " Abigail sighed with concern.
"No... Oh no... I'm fine... I think I'll just stay here, " Phyll replied.

"Well... I'm sorry honey but I'm not fine... You mind grabbing me something? " Abigail quipped with an eyebrow raised.
"uuuum... Errrr... Sure... I guess... If You'll be fine here ,I'll go quickly and be back in a jiffy " Phyll agreed hesitant.
"Thanks... I love you! "

Abigail waited for Phyll to turn around the corridor before she picked up her phone to call her father back.  Why she had done this I'm clueless as you are.
Her father answered the call after the third ring.

"Hello... Dad... "
"Yes child... Is Phyll gone? "
"I've sent him to grab some food from the canteen for me but he shan't be long... What's up? "
"well... can you talk? "
"Ummm... I think so "

"what do you mean you think so... I've never known walls to be without ears" her father argued anxiously.
"The nurse said Eloise will be out for a while and I'm the only one here besides her... I'm positive we can talk," Abigail offered logically.

"Okay... So how far with the wedding... everything on track? "
"Last time I checked... Why? "
"Well... now that that fool of a fiance of yours'  'sweetheart' is in the hospital, do you think the weeding will move forward as planned? "

"Oh Father... don't say that about him... " Abigail said feigning offense..."he's more than that... He's a nincompoop! " she added whimsically as she and her father laughed.
"well... You have to make sure your marriage plans are on track... I can't have any hitches messing up my grand scheme " her father stated emphatically..."Not everything can be said over the phone so I'm going to leave you here "
"Alright dad "

"Oh and lest I forget,  you brother ,Grant ,will arrive in the country tomorrow... Take care my dear" her father said finally and with that, ended the call.
 Abigail put her phone away and looked at her watch to check the time.  She switched her gaze to look at Eloise and found her staring intently at her.

"Jesus! " she nearly screamed... "when had she woken up and how much of the conversation with her father had she heard? "....


PSChampion please don't keep it to yourself yeah, share with your paddies and classmates or coursemates , spouses, boyfriends or girlfriends,  long and short distance relatives... Even if you share with your enemies ... U no gbaa kraaa πŸ˜€πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š

PSS : Let us hear your thoughts by leaving a comment in the comments box right below. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜„


Comments

TRENDING!!!!

UNCHARTED

Slaying In the Oguaa War: My Secret To A 3.9 GPA

ETCHED I