Etched II

Hi there and welcome back!😊  Honestly, to say that I have missed you would be an understatement. πŸ˜„...
Mental Note to self: seriously look for a catchy sentence that will effortlessly convey my love and longing for my incredible family here πŸ˜‰....Anyway, where did we get to the last time?.... Ahaaa,  Phyll was going to tell Eloise he loved her... πŸ˜‹

Ps: If you still haven't read the first chapter, you can catch up to speed by clicking this link 

Now that we are all caught up,  let's check up on the two lovebirds πŸ˜‰




That day I had gone over my 'I love you and would you be my beloved' speech over and over and all the vocabulary I knew from when I was born came to good use.

 I rehearsed the manner in which I was going to do the presentation in front of the mirror in my room so many times that you would have thought I had an interview for a multi million dollar job.
That should tell you you how much I loved her. Eloise. The thought of her was enough to send shivers down my spine.

 So you can imagine what her name could do,not to talk about seeing her in person.
I could not wait for night to approach.

Selecting an attire was a different story altogether as I really wanted to impress this lady but then again I realized if she already liked me, my attire wasn't really going to matter although it counted.

Night finally did me the courtesy of showing up and I was a nervous wreck. How was I going to do it? I stood at our usual studying spot waiting up for her. Of course I had lied about meeting up with her. I told her I needed clarity on an Assignment we had been given and so she should meet me up.

 She had gladly obliged. What would she not do for me?
As I was pacing up and down ,trying to put my jumbled thoughts together someone tapped me on the shoulder. I jumped and turned to see who had startled me that much.
There she stood. Eloise.
My heart missed three beats straight and I'm probably sure if CPR hadn't already been in use by doctors, that moment would have been its discovery.

She just took my breath away. As always.
I just stared at her in awe. She was a masterpiece of God's creation and the very essence of beauty. If she was a painting, I'm certain every hue, pencil etch and brush stroke was done with meticulous care.

I mean God really took his time with her. She had this innocence about her and even more amazing was that she had no idea about her beauty which made her even more lovable.

Forget about the appearance. Let's talk about who she really was. She wasn't perfect but she was just right. Let's just say she always did what she could, to make you know she actually cared. Simple.

 I mean where had she been all my life?
It was these thoughts and more that were running through my mind when I had turned to look at her that I didn't even realize I was staring at her and it was a little bit spooky and getting weird.

'Phyll!' Eloise finally got my attention after smacking my forehead with the back of her palm.
'What in heavens name is wrong with you.' She asked with a concerned look on her face.

She continued. 'You should not be getting me worried like that. You looked like you were going to pass out the moment you saw me.'
And I was still speechless.

 When she was confused or angry she just looked too adorable.
I watched her silently as she continued and I couldn't help but smile.
'...I mean what if you actually.. Wait why are you smiling...OMG...I knew it...I didn't brush my hair?....wait did I leave the hair net on?'

She frantically touched her hair. That was when I burst into laughter. Did I say adorable? Pardon me. That's an understatement. I don't think there is a word for that yet. I just could not control myself and I found myself laughing even louder.

She was near tears. 'There is a chunk of meat stuck in my teeth huh? I knew I shouldn't have eaten before coming.'
The thing about her was she was such a neat freak, little things that had to do with cleanliness got to her.

But this, this was just classic.
I was still laughing when she punched me squarely in the chest.
'Ouch.' I playfully screamed out in pain. But seriously she could pass for a martial artist. She had one strong fist.
She was about to hit me again when I raised my hand in mock surrender.

'Hey, it's nothing. You just look so cute looking confused....and...the look on your face...'
I burst into laughter again.
She was about to hit me again when I grabbed her hand and turned her around.

We playfully struggled for a while,still laughing and suddenly, I realized I was hugging her from behind.
Slowly all what I felt for her came rushing back and the silliness and fun of the moment faded away to be replaced with an intense feeling of longing and love.

As her perfume slowly glided through my nostrils I became  even more drenched in love and my perfectly rehearsed speech flew out of the window.

As I hugged her more tightly, I guess she began to notice the change in atmosphere and funny enough she drew closer so I could hold her better.

'Lois, I love you.' I suddenly blurted out.
She giggled and whispered back, 'I know Phyll and I love you too. Chai  my guy! You know that  already. Why do you think I put up with your silliness?'

She held me closer, turned around to face me and put her arms around my neck. To her it was friendly gesture but to me it meant more.

'Now where is that assignment we have to deal with?' She asked looking around searching for my very colorful study bag which she couldn't obviously find.
There was no assignment.
She looked back at me questionably.

And I looked right back deep into her eyes.
'Lois, I don't mean that. I mean I love you. I Love you.'
I said it ever so slowly.
I guess it took a minute or two for it to sink in. Then the realization of what I had said dawned on her.

She was still holding on to me and being taller than her naturally my arms slid down to her waist.
I pulled her closer and held her face in my palm. Our faces were now just an inch apart.

I could feel her breath on my face and I leaned in.
'I Love you.' I whispered.
As she cuddled closer, I could have sworn the breath of  my whisper felt better against her skin as compared to the gentle night breeze....(to be continued?


Zataraxia ©


Comments

TRENDING!!!!

UNCHARTED

Slaying In the Oguaa War: My Secret To A 3.9 GPA

ETCHED I